You are perfect?
NOPE! No way.
Perfection doesn’t make you a good mom. It makes you irritating, unforgiving, and unrelatable.
“There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” Jill Churchill
A good mom:
- Loves her husband with abandon
- Loves her littles fiercely
- A lot!
- Laughs at her mistakes
- Asks for forgiveness
- Admits when she needs help
- Takes time regularly for good self-care
- Focuses on keeping the main thing the main thing
- Is authentic – is the same person wherever she is
- Continues to mature
- Learns from her mistakes
- Allows her littles to mess up, often
- Wonders at her world
- Is present
What’s the best way to become a great mom? Learn to be comfortable with who you are. Become the best you that you can be.
Your littles already think you are the greatest simply because you are their mom.
You are doing great, Mom.
No, you aren’t perfect, but that’s a good thing. What are two or three simple things you do that make you a good mom? Take a moment to post them in the comments below and encourage other moms.
If you need help, please reach out. I promise to listen without judgment and help you take the next step.
That’s a ‘good’ question, lol, I don’t often allow myself to recognise when I’m being a good mum. I think your list is great, it covers all the topics.