I woke up this morning with a myriad of items running through my mind to do before I realized how extraordinary this day was. Editing, website work, clean the bathroom (YUCK!), make dinner, deadhead my flowers, training session with a client, devotions (I probably should have mentioned that first ;-)), fold the clothes you washed on Saturday, send an email to my Bible Study group, work on my grocery list (another YUCK), finish reading my magazine from three months ago, go for a walk, check Facebook, learn more about Twitter (what does #somethingsomethingsomething mean anyway?), work on… and then I remembered.
It’s my anniversary! What a glorious, extraordinary day!
It’s been 32 years since Dave, and I said: “I Do!” Can you imagine? How did that happen? Where has the time gone? Has he really stuck with me that long? I’m so thankful he did!!!
We’ve celebrated the:
- Birth of three healthy children
- Completion of Dave’s degree
- Decision not to finish my degree
- Purchase of three homes
- Renovation of two homes
- Graduation of three children
- Beauty of God’s creation in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Austria, Germany, Lichtenstein, Switzerland
- Fellowship of friends
- Joy of several good church families
- Marriage of our children
- Birth of our grandchildren
- Weddings of several nieces and nephews
- Marriages of siblings
and so much more
We’ve mourned the:
- Miscarriage of a child
- Miscarriages of several grandchildren
- Death of our fathers
- Death of other family members
- Loss of friendships—at least we thought they were friends
- Removal of innocence in our lives and that of others
- Loss of dreams
- Downsizing from a job we thought we’d be in until retirement
- Disillusionment with life
- Many illnesses and surgeries
- Hurting each other
and so much more
In all these 32 years, we are incredibly blessed by our Heavenly Father!
This grand adventure, one single day at a time, is marked by many extraordinary moments shared.
What a blessing to be able to look at this person who said “I Do!” with you and knows what they are thinking.
What a comfort to sit silently in the same room and be totally, peacefully yourself.
What a joy to know the other loves you for who you are in this moment.
Thank you, Dave, for asking me to marry you and for saying “I Do!”
I love you now and always! Because after all, the extraordinary is that each day we have together is another gift from our Heavenly Father.
I’d say “yes” all over again.
Kirsten D. Samuel
Aftershock Recovery Coach
8-week Program, Custom-paced Coaching, Remote, or In-person Sessions